Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

On Jeopardy recently

I forgot to post this...Route 66 was a category on Jeopardy recently. And it really was a category about the Route, unlike another Route 66 category they had a year or so ago that was just about things related to the number 66. (Alex, I'm still pissed off about that, you tease.)

$400
Car lovers go to San Bernardino, home of the Route 66 Rendezvous festival, in this state.

$800 (Read by Neil Patrick Harris)
If you get your kicks on Route 66, come visit this city, my hometown and also home to a minor league baseball team, the Isotopes.

$1200
Take a detour to the Meteor Crater and “don’t forget Winona” in this state.

$1600
“Well it winds from Chicago to L.A.,” but you’re at the end of the road in this beach city on the Pacific.

$2000
Go down to Missouri and see this largest city between Chicago and L.A. on Route 66.

They did not get the $1600 question and I'm pretty sure they only reason they got the $800 question was because one of the contestants was from that city.

Suffice it to say, the $1200 question caused me to shout, "No! Skip the Meteor Crater! It's a sham! It's a tourist trap!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home