Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

We can see you!

So just in the past couple days we've had something like 200+ people visit the blog. They are obviously not a very chatty bunch, but we know they're here. Hello Mr. United Airlines employee! Hello Ms. USDA employee! Good luck, Mr. Oklahoma DOT employee! (I find it somewhat amusing that someone who lives in Oklahoma and actually works for the DOT would need to Google this answer?) Ah well. Maybe one of them will win the million dollars and throw us a fiver or something.

I talked to Ms. Sherrie a couple of days ago. I don't want to steal her thunder, so I'll let her post about her return to Route 66 when she gets back from vacation. It sounds like she's having a great time and I'm quite jealous of her eating experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home