Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Dave is not America's Next Top Model

We went camping up in the mountains of Virginia over the weekend. Camping means cooking pancakes over the fire which means it was time to break out the Funk's Grove Maple Sirup.

Or it would have meant it was time to break out the sirup if Dave and I hadn't had this conversation earlier in the week:

Sara: You must've made pancakes when I was in Iowa last weekend.
Dave: Yeah.
Sara: I noticed the maple sirup has been opened.
Dave: That's what maple sirup is for!
Sara: Gosh! Just because I gave it to you as a gift doesn't mean you get to use it however you want!

Just kidding. I'm glad he enjoyed it, and there was still plenty left for the weekend. I tried to get Dave to model using the syrup, but it didn't go so well. He tried to blame it on the fact that he didn't have the right training as a child, to which I responded, "Shut up, Jade."




The sirup was delicious - I can't wait to buy more. The weekend overall was relaxing and fun - and I felt a little special about the fact that within the space of a month I've driven Route 66 and hiked a wee bit (a verrrry wee bit) of the Appalachian Trail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home