Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

From Chicago to L.A.

We made it!

I'm sitting in the lobby of the Viceroy Santa Monica relaxing before we go out for dinner. I forgot to bring the camera down with me, so I can't upload pics right now, but I thought I'd let everyone know that we made it. It took us about five hours to drive the final 70 miles, but by golly, we've seen the L.A. area and we had some awesome pancakes along the way.

Our hotel room is phenomenal. My friend Angela set us up and we have a gorgeous view of the ocean. After checking in, we walked down to the pier and then walked along the beach for a while.

More to come later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home