Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Interesting happenings from 1937

Jim asked, "What about I 25 through Sante Fe and Albuquerque? I found references to that."

This is why I think this is a hard question to get a definitive answer to! My answer is still five, though. Here's my reasoning. Route 66 up through Santa Fe and down to Albuquerque was the pre-1937 route. So I-25 didn't really bypass Route 66...it bypassed itself in 1937 when they changed it so it ran from Santa Rosa directly to Albuquerque, and then I-40 bypassed that section.

Thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer VM said...

Um, I guess they showed the episode where Oprah stayed in the wigwams in Hollbrook the other day. So my sister with the screaming baby tells me. :)

That's all.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home