Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Now it's fractured into many new numbers. How many?

First off, we are so excited that Joe and Sandy stopped by to visit the site and left a comment. Ann and I had a great time chatting with you at the Iowa State Fair and I hope you'll come back when you've finished the next leg of your trip and give us a recap. We want to know where you stopped, where you stayed, what you ate, who you met - all those good details!

Second, Jim is my new best friend. Thanks for posting and please come back again! Really - all you Marlboro types, we're very happy to help out and happy to see so many people visiting the site. I hope someone will report back and tell us how the contest goes. When is it supposed to wrap up?

With regards to clue #39, I'm guessing they're talking about major interstates, so the answer is five: I-55, I-44, I-40, I-15 and I-10 all bypassed Route 66.

Any chance you've seen a video related to the contest that features interviews with road trippers?

And o-rings? Like NASA?

Unfortunately Sherrie has been swamped with work and grad school lately, but we'll keep bugging her to post about her re-visit to New Mexico and Arizona. I did hear from her that eating at the Route 66 Malt Shop in Albuquerque was another stellar experience. *drool*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are thinking about making the Route 66 Trek in November.

How long should we take...going from Chicago to Arizona?

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Answers have to be received by 12/18/06. Thanks for trying to help us lost souls!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home