Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mom and dad hit the road

Mom and dad are on the route! They stayed outside Chicago on Saturday night, drove in on Jackson Sunday morning and headed back out on Adams. I told them they had to check in a minimum of once a week. They called from Joliet Sunday afternoon.

They stopped outside the Rialto Theatre to take some pictures and were approached by a gentleman who said he was the engineer. He offered to take them inside and give them a tour, an offer they gladly accepted.

I told them that's what they have to look forward to for the next 2,300 miles: Friendly people who go out of their way to make your trip special.

So if you're along the route, keep an eye out for Don and Marsha from Iowa. They're on their way!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.administradoc.com/categorias/viajes-de-negocios-consejos/guia-ruta-66-estados-unidos-usa-chicago-los-angeles-route-recorrido.html

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home