Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Open mic night

Will you guys laugh at me if I bring along Grapes of Wrath and read relevant sections of it while we're on the road? I mean, it's cool, right? To read what Steinbeck wrote about those places as we're driving them? I'm not lame, right? Right???

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer VM said...

No, that's not lame at all! We need historical and literature context of our travels, and what's better than Grapes of Wrath?

I feel rather low-class for packing such books as John Grisham and David Baldacci. Plus the mindless books on CDs I'm bringing. We'll let Sara be the lofty intellectual one. :)

10:53 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I promise, no one on this trip has to breastfeed Okies. :-P

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home