Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Itinerary for my Mom!


My beloved mother requested an itinerary for the trip, so I'm introducing her to the wonderful world of blogs. Plus, now we have this all on one page.

Saturday, June 3: Hopefully the Wagon Wheel Motel in Cuba, Missouri (no official Web site)

Sunday, June 4: Lincoln Motor Court, Chandler, Oklahoma. No Web siteā€¦here, here and here are some pictures!

Monday, June 5: The Big Texan, Amarillo, Texas

Tuesday, June 6: Silver Saddle Motel, Santa Fe, New Mexico

Wednesday, June 7: Wigwam Motel, Holbrook, Arizona

Thursday, June 8: Hill Top Motel, Kingman, Arizona

Friday, June 9: Wigwam Motel, Rialto, California

Saturday, June 10: Viceroy Hotel, Santa Monica, California (we got an amazing deal on this--God bless Sara's online friends!)

Mom: Click on the blue words and you'll find web sites for the hotels. Also, Sara posted some images at the bottom of the blog. The image with this post shows our makeshift map of plans (courtesy of Sara).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home