Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Possible stops or things to just keep an eye out for - New Mexico

Mile 1199 - Route 66 sculpture, Tucumcari
Mile ???? - Santo Domingo Indian Trading Post, Domingo
Mile 1372 - 66 Diner, Albuquerque
Mile 1372 - National Atomic Museum, Albuquerque
Mile 1391 - Parker truss bridge, Rio Puerco
Mile 1477 - Continental Divide, Thoreau
Mile 1508 - El Rancho Hotel, Gallup
Mile 1508 - Bebop sculpture, Gallup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home