Route 66

I decided to drive Route 66 the night my kneecap popped off in the bathroom of the lodge at Camp Wesley Woods. Driving home in the wee hours after a trip to the emergency room, staying awake by rolling the windows down to let in the brisk October air, the delirium of the pain, the oldies on the radio...that's when I officially announced, "I'm going to drive Route 66." I am lucky to have three wonderful, adventurous, history geek friends who are ready to hit the road with me.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Possible stops or things to just keep an eye out for - California

Mile 2018 - Embankment w/ traveller messages, Amboy
Mile 2102 - Route 66 Visitor Center, Barstow
Mile 2124 - Road marker and plaque, Helendale
Mile 2124 - Exotic World Burlesque Museum, Helendale
Mile 2140 - Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Museum, Victorville [Update: Sonuva...I guess the museum moved to Branson? Argh!]
Mile 2160 - 50 Cent Night at the Inland Empire 66ers baseball game in San Bernardino! (That's 50 cents for hot dogs and Hooters wings, not 50 Cent the rapper.)
Mile 2182 - Bono's Restaurant and Deli, Fontana
Mile 2222 - Fair Oaks Pharmacy & Soda Fountain, Pasadena
Mile ???? - Angelus Temple, Los Angeles
Mile 2250 - Will Rogers Highway Plaque, Santa Monica
Mile 2250 - Carousel on the Pier, Santa Monica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home